ELECTRO – SYSTEM acts as the Authorized Representative for entrepreneurs based outside Poland who market electrical and electronic equipment in Poland.
Who appoints the authorized representative?
Foreign entrepreneurs (producers) based in the European Union who:
- produce equipment under their own name or trademark, or market equipment designed or manufactured for a Member State, under their own name or trademark in the territory of that Member State,
- resell equipment manufactured by other entrepreneurs under their own name or trademark,
- as part of the commercial activity, for a fee or free of charge, supply equipment for distribution, consumption or use for the first time in the market of that Member State from a non-Member State or from another Member State,
- have the right to appoint an authorized representative responsible for performing the obligations specified in the Act for the equipment marketer.
Producers both based in the European Union and outside the UE who sell equipment in Poland by means of distance communication directly to the households or users other than households are required to appoint an Authorized Representative.
ELECTRO – SYSTEM, acting as the Authorized Representative, assumes the obligations under the WEEE Act:
- registration in the Waste Database,
- organizing collection networks and waste equipment processing plants,
- achieving the required levels of collection and recovery, including recycling,
- reporting to the Chief Inspectorate for Environmental Protection / Voivodeship Marshal,conducting public educational campaigns.